POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Mystery...Mystery Lights : Mystery...Mystery Lights Server Time
4 May 2024 13:58:48 EDT (-0400)
  Mystery...Mystery Lights
From: Jim Charter
Date: 9 Aug 2003 19:57:02
Message: <3f358a4e$1@news.povray.org>
Conceptually the mystery is compounded.  Unexplainable
lights appear at the site of a megalithic stone circle which
itself has never been fully explained. Related aspects of
the supernatural or the natural?

Subtlely the scene plays with our sense of what's natural.
The atmospheric sky is darkened like smoke.  Some
  trees stand in unnaturally shallow files beyond the
stones. The sparse folliation and blossoms suggest spring,
yet in the foreground the grass is long and lush.  The sun
is low in the sky, yet its light is cool like moonlight.
The overall harmony is in the dissonent
green/purple/orange register. The scene is beautiful.
The colors are saturated, challenging our senses.
The ancient stones seem at one with the earth but they
result from the hands of man. But where from are the
floating lights?